Thursday, November 24, 2005

This is Captain America Calling




Well finally the day of thanksgiving is upon us and in my quest to avoid becoming Americanised I am failing miserably. I have therefore decided, in a true British way, to pretend it isn't happening and hope that i'm not too Americanised when i go home at christmas. Try as I might to be British and Ignorant of thanksgiving I took the suggested quiz by KC and well see my score below, but I swear I guessed at some of them!


And so today I stand, a former typically awkward Englishman who is celebrating Thanksgiving, knows the words to "star spangled banner" and can recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" (anybody remember July 4th in Russia?)

2 comments:

Ben said...

Yes Magnum I do remember, I remember the tears running down my face and the feeling of betrayal by my room mate... but I survived... how long was that before we went to throw rocks at seagulls to find out if they were mystery meat? and no one has asked me if I saw the sunrise in Russia yet, that sure showed Fawn and Jena...

Anonymous said...

Oh,yes!It cant be forgotten!!!:)It was a great performance!So I haven't cought ,who are you? american or British or..citizen of the World?:)
Olga(the participant of the English Camp Project)